CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL contains a CODESYS Control application for Raspberry Pi (see http://www.raspberrypi.org/) as well as driver support for the extension modules Raspberry PiFace Digital, Raspberry Pi Camera and several devices/breakouts with I²C communication interface.
The recommended operating system "Raspian" can be downloaded here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/
This product can be installed via CODESYS Update Manager on a Linux distribution Raspbian. After each restart the runtime system will be started automatically. If no valid full license can be found, CODESYS Control runs for two hours without functional limitations before shut down.
This product supports the following functionalities
- CODESYS EtherCAT Master
- CODESYS Profinet Master
- CODESYS Modbus TCP Master / Slave
- CODESYS Modbus RTU Master / Slave (serial interface must be supported by and installed in the OS)
- CODESYS WebVisu
- CODESYS SoftMotion CNC
- CODESYS OPC/UA Server
- CANopen via EL6751 Gateway
- CODESYS EtherNet/IP Scanner / Adapter
This product consists of:
- License key, to be installed via the CODESYS Development System on the Raspberry Pi (see document "First Steps", Chapter 2.2)
- Debian package with CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi
- CODESYS Plugin to install and update the package on a Raspberry Pi
- CODESYS device description files for Raspberry Pi, Raspberry PiFace Digital, Raspberry PiFace Control&Display, Raspberry Pi Camera, several
devices/breakouts with I²C (SRF02, Adafruit PWM, MPU6050, MPU9150, AK8975), SPI (MCP3008, MCP23S17) or 1-wire (DS18B20) communication interface
The runtime system does not have real-time behavior. Its Jitter depends on many factors, especially on parallel executed Linux applications, and is ideally approximately 50 µs – with maximum values of approximately 400µs.
This product offers amongst other things the possibility to plug and control additional devices via SPI, I²C or 1-wire.
The product can be licensed on a software base (the license container is part of the CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL) or via the CODESYS Runtime Key (not part of the product range).
The complete installation is described in the document "First Steps" (part of the CODESYS Package)