This visualization example shows how to evaluate and handle touch events of MultiTouch displays in CODESYS. If visualization is used on a MultiTouch display, then an additional control concept is available to the user. Apart from the usual mouse and keyboard events, gestures and touch events are evaluated and processed.
- Pan gesture: pressing, shifting and releasing with a finger moves the contents of a window or a tab
- Flick gesture: fast shifting of a finger in an area, i.e. “flicking”, leads to switching between different visualization screens
- Multi touch events: operating with several fingers at a time
Several elements in a visualization screen can be actuated at the same time with several fingers. Thus it is possible to develop a two-hand control or a virtual mixer in which several sliders can be actuated at the same time.
The IGestureEventHandler interface of the VisuElems.VisuElemBase library enables IEC 61131-3 code to be implemented in order to react to gestures. A gesture event can be intercepted and consequential actions can be implemented.
The following clients can execute visualization on a MultiTouch device
- CODESYS TargetVisu on a device with Windows operating system
- CODESYS TargetVisu on a device with Linux operating system